For a decade, Baltimore based composer Dan Deacon has been a fixture in the American underground music scene. Through relentless touring, Deacon built himself a devoted grassroots following. His breakthrough 2007 album ‘Spiderman of the Rings’ brought critical acclaim and exposed his work to an international audience. Since then, Deacon has begun expanding his output beyond indie/underground circles and has begun to emerge in the contemporary classical scene.
In addition to Deacon’s solo work and composing for his own ensemble, he has worked on several acclaimed collaborations with So Percussion, including a 2012 performance at Zankel Hall, which Alex Ross of the New Yorker declared “one of the more entertaining and fulfilling evenings I've had in recent years." Deacon has also worked with the Calder Quartet, Now Ensemble, and the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony as well as composing for the score for Francis Ford Coppola’s film ‘Twixt.’
Deacon has performed his work at several leading music and art venues, including London’s Barbican Centre, Carnegie Hall, the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York, the Getty Center in Los Angeles, and the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden at the Smithsonian. His latest album America was released on Domino in August 2012.
- Watch the Dan Deacon 'USA' suite video and more
- Watch Dan Deacon's interactive 'Konono Ripoff Nº1' music video
- Listen to Dan Deacon's 'Konono Ripoff No. 1' 7-inch for Record Store Day
- Dan Deacon announces Record Store Day 7-inch; US museum shows
- Dan Deacon shares Guilford Avenue Bridge video; more dates!
- Introducing the Dan Deacon smartphone app
- Dan Deacon's 'America' is out today!
- Dan Deacon shares 'True Thrush' video; announces more North American dates!
- Dan Deacon announces tour; 'America' pre-order; and flag photo contest!
- Dan Deacon announces new album 'America'; download 'Lots'